If you would like to join the festive fleet with your fairy lit tractor, please watch this space for instructions that will follow soon. Places will be limited this year so we advise you sign up quickly once bookings are open!
Please note that to take part you will need to sign up in advance and will need to be able to get to Spring Hill Farm between 4.30 and 4.40pm for a prompt departure at 5pm.
Best Dressed Tractor:
Tractor drivers will be invited to take part in our ‘best dressed tractor’ competition and will be issued with a number when you sign up to take part. You will need to clearly display the number if you want to take part in the competition to enable spectators to vote for their favourite! Keep an eye out on Facebook to see who is voted best dressed!
Tractor Run Rules:
Before signing up, please make sure that you read and agree to the Tractor Run Rules in the section below. It is really important that everyone abides by these rules otherwise you will not be able to take part.
Participants must agree to adhere to the following rules during the sign up process to take part
- You must not attend the tractor run if you are self-isolating, or you, or a member of your household has COVID-19 symptoms - a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – please refer to www.nhs.uk for the latest COVID-19 information
- Vehicles must fully comply with all statutory road regulations and legislation, have a maximum width of 2.85m and NOT require an escort
- Vehicles must have appropriate insurance covering their use and The Highway Code must be obeyed at all times please
- Tractor drivers must have the necessary license to be legally allowed to drive the machine
- No trailers are permitted
- All lights and decorations must be securely fastened
- No emergency sirens allowed (this is to ensure all drivers can hear any emergency vehicles approaching)
- No excessively loud air horns please
- Passengers are only permitted if there is a proper seat. Please note that it is against the law to allow a child under 13 to ride on or drive agricultural self-propelled machines (such as tractors)
- All participants must follow the latest COVID-19 guidelines AND any additional guidelines in place at the time of the event.
The festive convoy will depart from Spring Hill Farm, Barford St Michael as usual at 5pm and will take to the roads travelling through the villages of South Newington, Milcombe, Bloxham, Milton and Adderbury. After passing the home that this event is all in aid of, Katharine House Hospice, the convoy will continue to Aynho. From here the convoy will turn right to Clifton, pass through Deddington (via the market place) and then rejoin the previous route, travelling to Hempton and back through Barford St Michael returning to Spring Hill Farm.
Approximate timings (dependant on traffic!)
- 17:00 - depart from Spring Hill Farm
- 17:05 - arrive at South Newington
- 17:15 - arrive at Milcombe
- 17:25 - arrive at Bloxham
- 17:35 - arrive at Milton
- 17:40 - arrive at Adderbury
- 18:00 - arrive at Aynho
- 18.10 - arrive at Clifton
- 18.20 - arrive at Deddington
- 18.30 - arrive at Hempton
- 18.40 - arrive at Barford St Michael
- 18.45 - return to Spring Hill Farm
Best Dressed Tractor:
Tractor drivers will be invited to take part in our ‘best dressed tractor’ competition and will be issued with a number when they sign up to take part. They will be asked to clearly display their number if they want to take part in the competition to enable spectators to vote for their favorite! Keep an eye out on Facebook for the opportunity to vote.
Don't forget the all important donation details!
Text TractorLights 5 to 70085 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message. Want to donate a different amount? Whatever number is sent is the amount that is donated. For example, if you text ‘TractorLights 10’ to 70085, you will donate £10 to Katharine House Hospice.
Unfortunately this year we will not holding our passenger seat auction.
The aim of the Tractor Run is to spread some festive cheer whilst raising funds for local charity, Katharine House Hospice. Please support the event by:
- Making a donation via our 'Text to Donate' facility - Text TRACTORLIGHTS 5 to 70085 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message. Whatever number is sent is the amount that is donated. So for example, if you text TRACTORLIGHTS 10
, all donations received would be £10. The minimum number/donation is 2 (£2).
More details will be coming soon regarding the tractor run raffle and prizes up for grabs.
We will update you in due course and let you know if there will be an after party after this years run. Please check back soon.
We would love for you to help spread the word about the Tractor Run so we can raise as much money as possible for Katharine House Hospice.
If you would like to volunteer to help with the event please get in touch. We are looking for people in the villages that the fleet will be passing to help put up and take down posters and also to live stream the convoy through each village.