Experienced Forager Driver / Tractor Driver
This full-time position requires a well-rounded, skilled and experienced agricultural machinery operator to carry out a broad range of tasks. This role will be varied and will require someone who has experience in all operations that we undertake but a proven track record in silage work and specifically forager driving is essential. Experience of grass mowing and silage clamping is also required to have a full understanding of the operation and to help with relief driving where required.
As well as operating our forager during silage season, this position will include work such as cultivating, drilling, muck spreading/loading, slurry applications (using our new Kaweco Swan Neck Tanker/CLAAS Xerion 5000 or Vredo 7028-3 Self-Propelled Slurry Tanker), baling, grain haulage and grain loading. There may also be a requirement for relief spraying and combining driving.
This role requires a strong team player who is able to work well under pressure and help lead and direct the team when required. Attention to detail and accurate record keeping is vital and a flexible approach and willingness to work long hours is essential. Good machinery upkeep and maintenance skills are crucial.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to RC Baker Ltd, Spring Hill Farm, Barford St Michael, OX15 0PL.
- Minimum five years’ experience working with agricultural machinery.
- Must be comfortable working both in a team and independently.
- The successful candidate must show enthusiasm, attention to detail and be an accurate record keeper.
- Working hours may sometimes be long and varied therefore flexibility is essential.
- The candidate must have a full UK driving license.
- A towing license and telehandler test certificate would be an advantage.
- Salary negotiable.
- Full time position to start as soon as possible.
Return to view news articles