A full-time position available to join our team to head up our workshop projects and carry out regular service, maintenance and repairs to our extensive fleet of agricultural machinery.
We currently have the opportunity for someone to join our team as a full-time, Agricultural Technician. We would love to hear from you, if you have the skills to meet our needs and the enthusiasm and experience to help us to continue to develop and grow our business.
This full-time position requires a highly skilled and experienced Agricultural Technician to join our team to head up our workshop projects and carry out regular service, maintenance and repairs to our extensive fleet of agricultural machinery. The ideal candidate will be confident and have extensive experience of agricultural engineering, with a proven track record of effectively and efficiently maintaining a broad range of agricultural equipment and machines. You will preferably have experience of working with a variety of tractors, silage and harvesting equipment, sprayers and implements such as drills, cultivators and spreading units.
The role will be varied and challenging, working with a mixture of modern and advanced machinery, as well as more traditional equipment. Knowledge therefore of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems is essential and welding/fabrication experience would be of great advantage.
A flexible approach and willingness to work overtime is essential. The role will encompass both workshop based and field work, with priorities changing daily depending on business demands.
During 2020 we will be looking to enhance our existing workshop/fabrication facility and this role therefore comes at an exciting time, offering a great opportunity, for the right candidate.
• Minimum three years’ experience, working as a technician within the agricultural industry
• A relevant qualification/or equivalent experience within the field of agricultural engineering
• Excellent mechanical skills and preferably welding and fabrication experience
• Ability to fault find, diagnose and offer solutions for a range of mechanical issues
• Well organised, methodical and practical
• Experience in carrying out preventative maintenance and repairs on agricultural machinery
• Must show enthusiasm, attention to detail and be an accurate record keeper
• The candidate must have a full UK driving license.
• A towing license and telehandler test certificate would be an advantage.
Competitive salary available for the right candidate.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or by post to RC Baker Ltd, Spring Hill Farm, Barford St Michael, OX15 0PL.
Closing date: 10th February 2020
Return to view news articles